I have been practicing yoga 6 days a week for the last (almost) 3 months.
- Almost everyday a full session of Ashtanga Yoga Series.
- Almost everyday, at least, 2 hours of yoga.
Still my mind keeps tricking me.
I was cold, it was cold in the flat and I couldn´t get warm.
I didn´t start to sweat and I was considering the option of stopping, even after about 30 or 40 minutes (around Purvottanasana) .
I was thinking things like:
- «Why do I need to practice everyday?
- «Today I ame at the seaside with the familiy. Why don´t I just go out for a walk and join them?»
- «See? I´ve been practicing for 3 months straight and still I didn´t get anywhere. On top of that, I am not that good. Look, I want to stop today. Let´s get out of here.»
Then, suddenly, I realized it.
It was my mind tricking me.
Then I decided to not listen to it,
I decided to just do what I had to do.
Continue with the practice.
Push a little bit until I started to sweat.
Then everything started to flow again. I felt motivated and enthusiast, I flowed from one asana to the other, I enjoyed Vinyasa inbetween and finished with upside down postures which I enjoyed.
The feeling at the end was great, as usual.
P.S. Your mind will keep tricking you forever.
Just do what you have to do.